Booking Your Flight

If flying into Saskatoon, you’ll land at the Saskatoon/John G. Diefenbaker International Airport (Airport code: YXE), on the north edge of the city, a 10 minute drive to city centre. You can arrange for a car rental from one of several car rental agencies within the terminal. Just outside the terminal doors, local bus, taxi, limo, wheelchair accessible transportation (arrange in advance) or shuttle services (to a few hotels) are available


For peace of mind, consider booking through Uniglobe Carefree Travel for expert advice, to take advantage of discounts and convention rates on your flights and to talk to someone who knows Saskatoon and the area. Ask to speak with a corporate travel consultant and mention this congress to ensure you receive the appropriate discounts.

Uniglobe Carefree Travel offers:
*Discounts and convention rates on your flights
*Consultants who are knowledgeable in the Saskatoon area
*Expert advice on which flight routings work best for our marketplace
*24/7 emergency assistance for all travelers
*Interactive itineraries with links to online check in and local weather and dining reservations

Uniglobe Carefree Travel Contact information:
Toll Free:  800-565-6562
Local:  306-934-3759

Other Transportation Options

Bus – Local: Local transit service to most of the city. There is a central transit hub located in downtown. Live maps, route planning tools, information on fares are available on the Saskatoon Transit website.

Bus – Long Distance: Greyhound Canada operates out of the Husky Travel Centre (315 Marquis Drive) and provides inter-provincial service to Manitoba and Alberta and beyond.

Car: Saskatoon is a modern city with an excellent road system. Speed limit within the city is 50 km/hr. Circle Drive, as its name suggests, circles the city, creating a streamlined commuter route as well as connecting to major highways; speed limit here is 90 km/hr. Be aware that there are speed cameras along the route.

Train – Passenger: VIA Rail Canada is a trans-Canadian passenger train service. It stops in Saskatoon three times a week from May to October on its run between Toronto and Vancouver. It offers a one-of-a-kind trip through the Prairies and over Rockies on your way to the Pacific Coast of Canada. Connect to other routes along the way to get to Northern Manitoba or all the way to the Atlantic Coast.

Taxi: There are several local taxi companies, only a phone call away.


Canadians (including dual and Canadian permanent residents) and USA citizens need to only carry a valid passport to travel to and within Canada. However, depending on your country or territory, you may need to obtain a visa OR an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) in addition to holding a valid passport. For more information regarding entry requirements to Canada, visit:  This brief information package may also be of interest: ICID – VISA INFORMATION

Letter of Invitation

Letter of Invitation if required for VISAs or Other Administrative Reasons

The Organizing Committee can provide a letter of invitation to those who require one for visas or other related administrative reasons. This letter aims to only assist participants for their travel to Canada and does not imply any commitment for the Organizing Committee to provide financial support. Please contact the Organizing Committee as early as possible if you require an invitation.

To receive a Letter of Invitation, delegates must first register for the Congress. A scanned copy of your passport must be sent to ___ for verification.

In the event that a visa to enter Canada is denied, registration fees less a handling fee of USD ___ will be refunded. Refund requests must be made in writing and sent to___  no later than ____. Refund requests received after this date cannot be accepted.


As a visitor, you can bring certain goods in your personal baggage into Canada for your own use. Personal baggage includes clothing, camping and sports equipment, cameras and personal computers. This also includes your mode of transportation, including vehicles, private boats and aircraft.

You post declare all goods when you arrive at the first Canadian Border Security Agency port of entry. Canada’s boarder security officers will check goods you are bringing in or taking out of Canada to verify what you have declared. if you declare goods when you arrive and take them back with you when you leave, you will not have to pay any duty or taxes.

Details on proper identification, what you can bring with you, making your declaration, travelling with alcohol and tobacco, restricted/prohibited goods, travelling with more than CAN$10,000, travelling with gifts, restrictions on entering Canada and other resources for visitors can be found at

IWC 2019 Wheat Field Picture
Close Menu